The BS Computer Science degree offered by Amity University Dubai aims to prepare students with an extensive knowledge base and expertise in a broad range of relevant topics. These include Engineering Mechanics, Digital Electronics and Computer Organization, Discrete Mathematic Structure, Software Architecture and Design, Fundamentals of Machine Learning, Fundamentals of Big Data Analytics, The Joy of Computing Using Python, Internet of Things: Actuators and Sensors, Blockchain Fundamentals, and Programming & Employability Skills for Computer Engineers.
Using state-of-the-art labs, students will develop research skills and gain an understanding of the technological innovation process. This will prepare them for successful careers with leading global IT firms or integration within the IT vertical at leading organisations.
Computer Science is a field that deals with complex issues related to computers, systems, and networks. Students will learn how to apply their knowledge of mathematics, IT, science, and engineering fundamentals to solve complex problems in computer and engineering.
A graduate of BS Computer Science will be able to work in different industries, including hardware and software design and development, assembly, manufacturing, networking, and maintenance. Non-IT companies such as universities, government departments, and businesses also offer opportunities.
A BS Computer Science degree offers graduates numerous career paths. These include becoming a data analyst, app developer, video game developer, cyber security specialist, machine learning engineer, blockchain developer, chief information officer, and cloud architect.
Students can opt for a BS Computer Science with the following concentrations:
- Artificial Intelligence
Programme Learning Outcomes
- Analyse a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the programme’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognise professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the programme’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
- Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
- Analyse security in enterprise networks, define cybersecurity policies and procedures to manage risks.
- Apply knowledge to assess and deploy cybersecurity solutions to IT infrastructure.
- Apply basic principles, models, and algorithms in Artificial Intelligence to identify, evaluate and solve complex computing problems.
- Analyse and solve cognitive problems using machine learning, analytics, and intelligent algorithms.
Programme Completion Requirements