The Bachelor of Interior Design degree at Amity University Dubai provides students with the professional design skills necessary to balance functionality and aesthetics. You will learn to use the latest software, understand codes of conduct and ethics for corporate work, and study the principles and elements of design, including model-making techniques, application of services, construction details, furniture design skills, graphical representation, and history of design.
The degree provides students with skills such as drawing, sketching, graphic design, project planning, attention to detail, creativity, problem-solving, effective communication, visualisation, and cost management.
The Bachelor of Interior Design degree covers a range of topics, including materials in interior design, interior materials and construction techniques, interior landscape, eco-friendly interiors, research methodology in interior design, intelligent interiors, and auditoriums & multiplexes.
If you have a creative and detail-oriented mind, and have basic knowledge of sketching, colour schemes, and computers, as well as proficiency in maths, then a degree in interior design is right for you.
Graduates can explore career opportunities in interior, textile, and furniture design, as well as in fields such as architectural technology, property management, and beyond. So begin your journey towards a career in interior design today.
Programme Learning Outcomes
- Apply knowledge to execute creative, effective, and evidence-based design solutions by using the design process precedents.
- Implement literature research in design-based iterations using appropriate materials, construction technology, aesthetics, and interior detailing.
- Evaluate, select, and apply computer-aided tools to create and communicate appropriate, accurate and speedy design solutions.
- Prepare design proposals by specifying a broad range of sustainable interior materials, finishes & products considering code compliance, construction techniques & interior services for user comfort, health & safety.
- Demonstrate the ability to produce design ideas and solutions using professional vocabulary in documentation and representation for graphical & physical models.
- Design independently and in multidisciplinary teams whose members together provide leadership, take responsibility, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- Employ design process and problem-solving skills to develop interior design solutions by applying theories of human behaviour, human factors, socio-cultural, and economic aspects.
- Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed using appropriate learning strategies and concepts from other allied disciplines.
- Demonstrate the understanding of professional ethics & conduct, business practice, formations, instruments of service, elements of project management, and the impact of regional/global markets on interior design practices.