The Bachelor of Fine Arts in Animation and Film Production programme at Amity University Dubai provides a solid understanding of motion pictures, encompassing culture, history, technology, and aesthetics.
The programme will develop skills in film-craft and digital storytelling aligned with industry requirements, using traditional and computer-generated animation. Students will have a platform to ideate, design, and create content using conventional methods and the latest media technologies.
Upon completion, graduates will be well-prepared to pursue diverse professions within the gaming, film, and animation industry.
Students can opt for a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Animation and Film Production with the following concentrations:
- Film and Television
Programme Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the Bachelor of Fine Arts in Animation and Film Production programme, the students should be able to:
- Understand the evolution of film and animation productions and their significant eras, practices, and pioneers in the field.
- Identify the potential of art and technology and how it can be used to execute conceptual work.
- Use traditional and computer-generated animation skills for media content creation.
- Apply production skills using the latest professional equipment and software.
- Autonomy and Responsibility
- Work creatively as an individual or in team settings to produce media outputs.
- Can produce content using advanced approaches to evaluate and manage complex and unpredictable work processes and resources.
- Develop a mindset of growth and lifelong learning in line with the contemporary industry trends.
- Role in context
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to produce animations and films that meet the needs and expectations of different stakeholders.
Film and Television Concentration
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge in craft of filmmaking and television production.
- Use latest technologies and software for new age storytelling.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of traditional and computer-generated animation content.
- Use latest technologies and software to create naturalistic and expressive movements.
Programme Completion Requirements