Are you passionate about psychology and interested in advancing your career in this field? Pursuing a Master of Science in Psychology degree from Amity University Dubai can help you specialise in several aspects of psychology, including educational, clinical, industrial, counselling, and training. This two-year master's degree offers a unique opportunity to gain advanced analytical and reporting skills that can be applied in different industries such as business, healthcare, education, non-profit organisations, government, social services, and law.
Master of Science in Psychology students have access to a well-equipped psychology lab and the opportunity to intern in all applied fields of psychology at hospitals, NGOs, corporate firms, or schools. The degree enables students to understand themselves and those around them, making a significantly positive impact on society.
Students can opt for a Master of Science in Psychology with the following concentrations:
- Clinical Psychology
- Applied Psychology
- Demonstrate knowledge of the key concepts, theories, and findings in applied psychology.
- Demonstrate an understanding of advanced research principles and methods for knowledge production and recent developments.
- Analyses cognitive and creative skills and intellectual independence in the field of psychology.
- Develop skills to engage in diversity and inclusion, specialised communication, and information technology to present, explain and critique highly complex concerns.
- Autonomy and Responsibility
- Examine and understand how socio-cultural norms exercise influence on yourself and others in multicultural settings.
- Self-evaluate and take responsibility for contributing to professional and ethical practice in various domains of psychology.
- Role in Context
- Demonstrate leadership and responsibility by using innovative and forward-thinking strategies, along with sustainable practices, in various professional situations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of diagnoses and treatments specific to clinical and mental health domain.
- Develop psychotherapeutic and interviewing skills for assisting individuals and groups in need.
- Demonstrate scientific knowledge to understand and interpret psychological phenomena.
- Develop creativity, inquisitiveness, critical thinking, and reasoning skills to the technical and applied fields of psychology.
Programme Completion Requirements