Are you ready to take your passion for forensic science to the next level? The Master of Science in Forensic Sciences degree at Amity University Dubai prepares postgraduate students with the skills necessary to scientifically analyse crime scenes for use in legal proceedings.
Forensic science is an increasingly vital field, with job prospects mainly concentrated in the government sector. Various law enforcement agencies, such as the police, legal systems, and investigative services, offer opportunities for forensic scientists. With the significant increase in crime rates and the growing intelligence of criminals, forensic science experts' role has become essential in solving cases.
The Master of Science in Forensic Sciences degree is designed to introduce students to the interdisciplinary nature of forensic science by exploring various sub-disciplines and emerging techniques, including DNA forensics and forensic chemistry, among others.
Students can pursue fulfilling careers in a range of industries, including police departments, law enforcement agencies, detective agencies, banking, and other sectors.
Programme Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate a comprehensive and critical understanding of Forensic Science and its practices.
- Demonstrate advanced research methodology and techniques in the analysis of physical evidence.
- Apply specialised skills and advanced research methods/instrumental techniques in identifying, analysing and solving real-time forensic problems.
- Demonstrate proficiency in communicating scientific data through verbal and written means.
- Autonomy and responsibility
- Demonstrate ethical responsibility and social sensitivity in a legal and professional environment.
- Role in Context
- Take responsibility for managing complex forensic problems, independently and as a team member.
- Engage in independent learning and management of ethical issues in the field of Forensic Science.
Programme Completion Requirements