Fashion designers are creatives that design clothing, accessories, jewellery, shoes and more. They can work independently or for major brands, creating the latest clothing lines and displaying them at fashion shows and catwalks in Milan, Paris, Tokyo or New York.
Are you passionate about expressing yourself through fashion design? Amity University Dubai's Bachelor of Fashion Design degree can help you achieve your dreams. Our degree provides a platform for you to unleash your creativity, develop essential skills, and succeed in this exciting and glamorous industry.
Our state-of-the-art facilities, cutting-edge technology, and expert faculty set us apart from other fashion schools in Dubai.
As a graduate of our Bachelor of Fashion Design degree, you will have employment opportunities in the rapidly expanding fashion industry. For example, you can run exotic photo shoots in far-flung corners of the world, manage a trend-spotting blog in the fashion media, or become a costume designer for a theatre or film production.
The degree will prepare you to generate unique concepts and ideas, express them through designs, and create finished products through pattern development trials and garment construction. You will also gain a well-rounded understanding of various roles in the fashion industry, such as styling, photography, journalism, visual merchandising, fashion marketing, e-commerce, blogging, and runway events.
Internships are a vital part of the completion requirements for our Bachelor of Fashion Design degree. Students receive real-world experience that prepares them for successful careers in the fashion industry.
If you have a creative mind and want to be hands-on in designing your fashion brand, then pursuing a Bachelor of Fashion Design degree is the right path for you.
Programme Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of fashion design concepts and theories and their application in real industry contexts.
- Integrate knowledge of allied fields as they relate to the core domain of fashion design.
- Use software applications to create designs and convert them into digital portfolios.
- Utilised tools and equipment to renovate fashion textiles into apparel and accessories.
- Identify technical and social problems in the realm of fashion and apply research tools in view of proposing feasible solutions.
- Use information communicative technology tools to explain design projects to an interested audience.
- Autonomy and Responsibility
- Work creatively as an individual or in team settings in managing fashion design projects.
- Take responsibility for developing entrepreneurial and sustainable approaches to create innovative designs.
- Role in context
- Adapt responsibility of overseeing the performance of stakeholders to attain outcomes.
- Manage responsibility for your own learning and development needs
Programme Completion Requirements