Dr. Dinesh Chand is an accomplished associate professor and the Head of Examinations. He holds a PhD in Chemistry from Jamia Millia Islamia (Central University), India, and has accumulated over 17 years of experience in teaching and research. Dr. Chand's academic accomplishments include achieving the top rank in his post-graduation studies and receiving the Best Trainee Award at a workshop on Instrumental Techniques and Analysis.
He has published over 50 research articles in distinguished international journals and conferences, and he has filed two patents. Dr. Chand's research interests focus on the thermodynamic, physicochemical, and acoustic properties of molecular interactions in binary and ternary solvent systems, as well as solute-solvent interactions in solutions containing aromatic hydrocarbons/ monomers/ electrolytes/ amino acids/ surfactants.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Chemistry, Jamia Millia Islamia (Central University), India
- Master of Science, Jamia Millia Islamia (Central University), India
- Bachelor of Science, University of Delhi, India
- K. Nain and D. Chand, Correlation between molecular interactions and excess thermodynamics parameters of binary mixtures, J. Pure Appl. Ultrason., Volume 43, 8-16, (2021)
- P. Droliya, D. Chand and A. K. Nain, Experimental and theoretical studies of transport and optical properties of binary mixtures of acetonitrile with some alkyl methacrylates at temperatures from 293.15 to 318.15 K, Indian Journal of Chemistry-A, in press, (2021)
- J. Gupta, D. Chand and A. K. Nain, Insight into interactions of l-arginine/l-histidine with drug betaine hydrochloride in aqueous medium at different temperatures by using physicochemical methods, Organic & Medicinal Chem. I.J., Volume 9, 555763 (2020)
- Ankita, D.Chand and A.K.Nain, Molecular interactions of drug semicarbazide hydrochloride in aqueous-D-xylose/L-arabinose solutions at different temperatures: Volumetric, acoustic and viscometric study, Journal of chemical Thermodynamics, Volume 146, July 2020
- J.Gupta, D.Chand and A.K. Nain, Study to reconnoiter solvation consequences of l-arginine/l-histidine and sodium salicylate in aqueous environment probed by physicochemical approach in the temperature range (293.15–318.15) K, Journal of Molecular Liquids, Volume 305,1 May 2020
Actively involved in research activities alongside teaching and administrative responsibilities. Dr Dinesh has more than 50 research articles and 02 patent to his name.
- Member - Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Member - American Chemical Society
- CHEM136 Engineering chemistry
- FSIC305 Instrumentation - Chemical
- NANO311 Polymer Science
- FSIC629 Instrumentation - Physical
- CHEM121 Chemistry