Dr. Ishu is an accomplished Associate Professor of Physics in the Department of Engineering Architecture Interior Design at Amity University Dubai. She holds a PhD in Material Science from JUIT Waknaghat, India, and has over 15 years of teaching and research experience. Dr. Ishu's research interests include amorphous glasses, thin-film technology, Semiconductor Physics, and IR optics.
She has published over 70 research papers in journals of international repute, including more than 25 in SCI journals.
Dr. Ishu is a member of the International Association of Advanced Materials, Sweden, and serves as a referee for international peer-reviewed journals, including Elsevier, American Institute of Physics, Taylor and Francis, Wiley, and IOP (UK). She has filed two patents, one of which has been published, and received a Research Achievement Award in October 2019. Dr. Ishu is also a member of the University Research Committee and serves on the editorial board of a journal.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Physics, Jaypee University of Information Technology, H.P., India, 2009
- Master of Science in Physics, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Punjab, India, 2004
- Hassanien, A.S., Sharma, I., Sharma, P. “Inference of Sn addition on optical properties of the novel thermally evaporated thin a-Ge15Te50S35-xSnx films and some physical properties of their glasses” (2023) Materials Chemistry and Physics, 293, art. no. 126887. Impact Factor:4.78 (Scopus Indexed SCI Q2)
- Sharma, I., Jayaprakash, A., Sharma, P., “The effect of Ge addition on the optical and physical properties of thermally evaporated amorphous Pb15Se85-xGex (x = 0, 3, 6, 9, 12) thin films and bulk glasses” (2022) Physica B: Condensed Matter, 639, art. no. 413968 Impact Factor:2.98 (Scopus Indexed SCI Q2)
- Sharma, I., Sharma, P., Hassanien, A.S., “Optical properties and optoelectrical parameters of the quaternary chalcogenide amorphous Ge15SnxS35-xTe50 films” (2022) Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, 590, art. no. 121673 Impact Factor:4.46 (Scopus Indexed SCI Q1)
- Hassanien, A.S., Sharma, I. “Dielectric properties, Optoelectrical parameters and electronic polarizability of thermally evaporated a-Pb-Se-Ge thin films “(2021) Physica B: Condensed Matter, 622, art. no. 413330 Impact Factor:2.98 (Scopus Indexed SCI Q2)
- Ishu Sharma and A.Hassanien “Effect of Ge addition on physical and optical properties of chalcogenide Pb10Se90-xGex bulk glasses and thin films”, Journal of Non-Crystalline solids,548, 2020, 120326 Impact factor 4.46 Scopus and SCI Q1
- International Association of Engineers (IAENG)
- PHYS132 Engineering Physics
- NANO214 Concepts of Solid State Physics
- NANO315 Quantum Mechanics for Nanotechnology
- MATH114 Applied Mathematics-I
- MATH122 Applied Mathematics-II