Dr. Jihene Mrabet is an accomplished assistant professor at Amity University Dubai with a PhD in Clinical Psychology and a deep interest in research and human psychology. She holds two master's degrees in professional research in Clinical Psychology and Psychopathology and has been practising since 2008. Dr. Mrabet is passionate about teaching and sharing her knowledge with students. Her research interests include Children and Adolescence Psychology, Addiction, Health Psychology, Psychopathology and remediation, Positive Psychology, and Trauma.
In addition to her academic pursuits, Dr. Mrabet is actively engaged in community services and workshops. She has been invited many times by Dubai TV to discuss several interesting topics, such as the psychological specificities of the unique child, forgiveness, emotional generosity and its consequences on mental health, toxic friends and how to manage relationships with them, the protective role of humour in our mental and physical health, social media narcissism, disaster psychology, the importance of self-esteem and self-confidence in children, and the importance of dreaming.
Dr. Mrabet has also been actively publishing in reputable journals about different topics, including Borderline personality, the role of humour in sustainable education, the impact of the Covid pandemic on students' mental health, the perception of violence among children and teenagers in Dubai, plagiarism and family values.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology, University of Rouen Normandie
- Master of Research Degree in Clinical Psychology, University of Humanities and Social Sciences of Tunisia, Tunisia
- Master’s in Clinical Psychology and Psychopathology, University of Humanities and Social Sciences of Tunisia, Tunisia
- Bachelor’s in Clinical Psychology, Higher Institute of Human Sciences of Tunis
- Certificate of training in Systemic, Couple and Family Therapy
- The role of humor in Sustainable Education and Innovation (2020).
Review: Springer International Publishing
- Covid 19 Pandemic: A Curse or a Blessing? (2020). Psychology and Education, 57(8): 1146-1154.
- Preconscious and Humor in the Adolescent Process. (2022). Journal of Positive School Psychology, Vol 6, 2, p 4056-4064.
- Plagiarism and Family morals. (2022). Journal of Positive School Psychology, Vol 6, 2, p 5648-5663.
- The Role of the Family Dynamic in Addiction: Trigger and Psychotherapeutic Ally. (2022). Clinical Schizophrenia & Related Psychoses.
- Member - American Psychological Association
- Member - Association for Psychological Science
- Member - Tunisian Association for the Development of Psychoanalysis
- PSYC148 Introduction to Psychology
- PSYC612 Cognitive Psychology
- Gender Psychology
- PSYC713 Health Psychology
- PSYC 612 Life Span Development: Theory and Practice
- PSYC747 Introduction to Personality Theories
- PSYC629 Physiological Basis of Behavior
- PSYC343 Psychology of Differently Abled Children (Special Education)
- PSYC238 Dynamics of Wellbeing
- PSYC222 Abnormal Psychology
- PSYC217 Basic Listening Empathy and Compassion
- PSYC305 Psychology of Happiness
- PSYC787 Psycho-Oncology
- PSYC312 School Counseling