Mr. Gary Smith, the Head of the Incubation Centre at Amity University Dubai, holds a Master of Science in Marketing & Entrepreneurship from the Chartered Institute of Marketing and The University of South Wales.
In 2022 the Incubation Centre was Awarded Best University for Innovation & Entrepreneurship. Mr. Smith was also part of the team that achieved CAA Accreditation for the Amity Business School.
Mr. Smith is a creative and innovative mentor and an inspiring educational leader with a wealth of learning and teaching expertise and experience in engaging students and professionals using superior strategies. He was awarded outstanding as an educational practitioner, with the passion to continually strive for the pursuit of excellence and growth. Uniquely placed to draw on senior roles in leadership, business, management, marketing and sales to enrich the curriculum and maximise the experience of student learning.
He is a seasoned professional known for his creative, innovative, and entrepreneurial approach. As an inspiring educational leader, he possesses extensive expertise in teaching and learning strategies, enabling him to engage students and professionals effectively.
His extensive experience in senior positions across various fields, including business, management, marketing, and sales, allows him to enrich the curriculum and optimise student learning experiences.
Throughout his career, Mr. Smith has held notable positions, such as serving as a university professor at Corvinus University of Budapest in Hungary. During his tenure, he designed and delivered four new courses for the international programme, showcasing his expertise in curriculum development. He has also contributed as a university professor at the International Business School in Budapest, teaching undergraduate and master's courses in business and marketing.
He also held the role of Kodak Sales Director for the UK, Ireland, Middle East, and Africa, demonstrating his proficiency in sales and leadership within a multinational corporation.
- Master of Science in Marketing (Entrepreneurship) University of South Wales, Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing, Chartered Institute of Marketing,
- Professional Graduate Certificate in Education, University of Nottingham
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Humanities, University of Greenwich
- IEEE and SCOPUS Indexed Published Research Paper 'Artificial Intelligence and The Privacy Paradox of Opportunity, Big Data and The Digital Universe'
- A study in the field of SME Marketing and Entrepreneurial Marketing theory and practice in relationship to the professional services business to business (B2B) sector
- Leadership and Management Theory & Practice in Schools – A critical evaluation of the application of principles and ideas drawn from leadership and management theories in a contemporary setting
- Start-Up Your Business in 7 Days For FREE – A practical hands on guide to starting your Start-Up and putting your Ideas Into Action
- Start-Up and New Venture Creation
- Entrepreneurial Marketing in Start-Ups and SMEs
- SME Marketing and Entrepreneurial Marketing theory and practice in relationship to the professional services business to business (B2B) sector
- MCIM Member - Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- ENTR601 Entrepreneurship & New Venture Creation
- ENTR305 Fundamentals of Entrepreneurial Marketing