Michael Lohan holds an M.A. in ELT & Applied Linguistics from King’s College London and taught English at EF International, Cambridge for 4 years, prior to joining Amity University Dubai in 2014. Currently, he teaches Business Communications across all departments within the university. He has a particular interest in Implicit and Explicit SLA and enjoys implementing innovative teaching pedagogies into the classroom.
He has a wide array of experience in his field; while living and working in Italy, he served as Vice President of The British Schools Group as well as President of the British Schools Examination Centre where he worked in conjunction with the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate (UCLES) in creating a suite of accredited exams for the Group. He was involved in creating courses and conducting training programs and seminars for the professional development of Italian state school teachers. He has also worked as examiner for The University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations.
- Master of Arts in ELT & Applied Linguistics from King’s College London
- Member - TESOL International Association
- FP103 English Language & Communications
- BC301 Receptive & Expressive Communication Skills
- BC109 Communication Skills I
- BC401 Workplace Communication
- ELAW103 General Legal English
- BC105 Technical Communication I