Ms. Achuthy Kottangal is an accomplished academic and faculty lecturer in the Department of Fashion and Animation at Amity University Dubai. She holds a Master of Science in Costume Design and Fashion from Bharathiar University in Tamil Nadu and a Bachelor of Science in Costume and Fashion Design from the University of Calicut.
Currently pursuing a PhD in Fashion Design from Banasthali Vidyapith Rajasthan, Ms. Achuthy has also earned an Associate Diploma in Techno-Management in Computer Technology from IBM/NIT Calicut and a Diploma in Textile Reach CAD/Reach Fashion Studio, along with proficiency in Photoshop and Corel Draw.
Prior to joining Amity University Dubai, Ms. Achuthy held positions as a Lecturer/Chairperson of the Board of Studies under Fashion Designing at the University of Calicut and Head of the Department at MES Arts and Science College (under the University of Calicut) since 2007. She was also a faculty member in the Textile Design department at Sun Marke British School Dubai. With over 15 years of experience teaching at the bachelor's level, Ms. Achuthy has a proven track record of success in the academic world.
She has pursued teacher training at the Montessori level to Higher Education Diploma under the UK-based Design and Technology Association and is proficient in several software programs. Ms. Achuthy's research interests include fashion design and healthy lifestyles, and she is currently engaged in further research in these areas.
- Currently Pursuing PhD in Fashion Design, Banasthali Vidyapith
- Master of Science in Costume Design and Fashion, Bharathiar University
- Master of Science in Costume and Fashion Designing, University of Calicut
- Techno Management Associate Diploma in Computer Technology /ICT/CAD/CAM/REACH/TEXTILE CAD/Photoshop/Illustrator, IBM/ National institute of technology
- Teacher Training Higher Education Diploma under UK based Design and Technology Association, Dubai Global Academy
- The ocimum tenuiflorum (holy basil) Rosery (japamala)108+1 for a healty lifestyle from the nature. Presented in the international conference of NIT Jaipur [CAMMP-21] Malaviya
- FASH 101 Computer Application in Fashion Industry
- FASH103 Introduction to garment Manufacturing Technique I
- TEXT 319 Fundamentals of Textiles VI
- FASH121 Introduction to Global Fashion and Textile Industry
- FASH114 Flat Pattern Making I
- TEXT 104 Fundamentals of Textile I
- FASH241 Advance Pattern Making
- FASH344 Garment Construction III
- TEXT 318 Fundamentals of Textiles V
- PNTG104 Painting I
- DRAW112 Drawing II