Ms. Salma Iyad Al Zahabi is an experienced lecturer at the School of Engineering, Architecture, and Interior Design at Amity University Dubai. She holds a Master of Science in Sustainable Design of the Built Environment, taught in association with Cardiff University, UK, and has over 11 years of experience in both academic and construction industry fields.
Her research interests include Modular Construction, Sustainable Development of the Built Environment, Green Building Materials, and Biomimicry. Her recent achievements include winning five prizes at the Solar Decathlon Middle East Dubai 2021 in the Architecture, Sustainability, Engineering and Construction, BIPV, and Innovation Contests.
- Master of Science in Sustainable Design of the Built Environment, The British University in Dubai taught in association with Cardiff University, UK.
- S Al-Zahabi, B. Abu-Hijleh. 2023. Utilizing Current Resources to Deliver Sustainable Living Solutions in Refugee Camps. Case study: Al Za’atari Camp. (ongoing 2023)
- S Al-Zahabi, H Taleb. 2015. The grape viticulture production cycle as a biomimicry concept: finding solutions in the built environment. In 7th International Conference on Sustainable Development and Planning-SDP 2015. Turkey: Istanbul Technical University.
- S. Al-Zahabi, H. Altan. 2015. THE EFFECT OF WAR ACTIVITIES AND REVOLUTIONS ON INDOOR ENVIRONMENT CONCERNING HUMAN HEALTH, COMFORT, PERFORMANCE AND PRODUCTIVITY. In ZEMCH 2015 INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE. Lecce, Italy: University of Salento.
- S. Al-Zahabi, H. Altan. 2014. SUSTAINABLE SOLUTIONS FOR THE PHILIPPINES BUILT ENVIRONMENT DUE TO NATURAL DISASTERS. In 7th International Conference on Sustainable Energy and Environmental Protection – SEEP 2014. Dubai, UAE: The British University in Dubai.
- Harmony Home 2020: Solar Decathlon Middle East 2021 (under DEWA / Ministry of Energy and Infrastructure)
- ID333 Professional Practice
- ID428 Auditorium and Multiplexes
- ID329 Eco-friendly Interiors
- Design Studio III
- Interior Material and Construction Techniques III
- Interior Specification and Estimation
- ID219 Interior Material and Construction Techniques II
- Design Studio I
- Interior Material and Construction Techniques I
- ID107 Design Principles
- ID144 Technical Drawings I
- ID109 Graphical Drawings I