Dr. Mona Abdallah is a multimedia designer, producer and educator in visual design, motion graphics and animation. She gained her Master of Science in Advanced Multimedia Design & 3D Technologies from Brunel University London. Prior to that, she studied at the American University of Sharjah and gained a Bachelor of Science degree in Multimedia Design.
Her ten-year industry experience spans several industries. She worked in advertising agencies like Leo Burnett, TV channels like Fox International Channels Abu Dhabi and NGOs like Save the Children UK. After working in the UK for 7 years, she joined Amity University Dubai as a Lecturer delivering several courses on animation and design.
Through teaching, she aims to foster an atmosphere of curiosity, experimentation and risk-taking, allowing students to explore new ideas and approaches to design. Beside teaching, Dr. Abdullah’s research interests circle around children's edutainment and how technology can help in acquiring knowledge and develop skills in a way that is enjoyable and easy to understand.
- Instructional Design for Higher Education from University of California, Irvine Division of Continuing Education
- Master of Science in Advanced Multimedia Design & 3D Technologies, Brunel University London, UK
- Bachelor of Science in Multimedia Design, American University of Sharjah, UAE
- Member - Interaction Design Foundation
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Animation