Mr. Sarath Raj, an aerospace engineer, has been the project director of the Amity Dubai Satellite Ground Station and AmiSat at Amity University Dubai since 2014. He is also the National Point of Contact for the UAE in the Space Generation Advisory Council for space debris in support of the United Nations Programme on Space Applications.
With previous experience as a Technical Consulting Engineer for the Dubai Airport Extension Project and as an Assistant Professor in the Aeronautical Engineering and Aviation Management Department of Nehru College of Aeronautics and Applied Sciences in India, Mr. Raj has made significant contributions to the development of student interest, involvement, and creativity in the field of aerospace engineering.
His areas of specialisation include Satellite Ground Stations, Propulsion Systems, Satellite Design, and Satellite Imagery Analysis. He has participated in prestigious projects such as the Applications of Universal Coupling in Aircraft with Coimbatore Civil Aerodrome and the Development of Strap Inertial Navigation Software for Launch Vehicles with the Indian Space Research Organization.
Mr. Raj has authored numerous research papers published in international and national journals and is also a reviewer for various journals in the aerospace field. He has been recognised for his contributions to the academic field by the Korean Aerospace Research Institute (KARI). He has received awards such as the Teaching Excellence Award from the GISR Foundation in 2019 and the Outstanding Speaker Award in Young Professional in Space 2019.
- Master of Technology (Aeronautical), CMJ University, India
- Master of Business Administration (Aviation), MS University, India
- Bachelor of Technology (Aeronautical), RV University, India
- Nelvin Chummar Vincent, Roshan Rajesh Bhakar, Jerrin Varghese, Sarath Raj Nadarajan Assari Syamala(2020), Impact of Artificial Intelligence in Aviation and Space Sector, Artificial Intelligence: Fundamentals And Applications (AIFA2020) Edition, Taylor & Francis.
- Ali Asgher Ali Hasan, Roshan Rajesh Bhatkar, Sarath Raj Nadarajan Assari Syamala (2020), ‘Significance and Administration of Nanotechnology in the Armed Forces and Defense Sector,’ Smart Nanotechnology with Applications, (1st ed.). CRC Press. https://doi.org/10.1201/9781003097532
- Rameela Davanagere Ramesh, Anusha Santhosh, Sarath Raj Nadarajan Assari Syamala, (2020), ‘Implementation of Nanotechnology in the Aerospace and Aviation Industry,’ Smart Nanotechnology with Applications, (1st ed.). CRC Press. https://doi.org/10.1201/9781003097532
- Chithirai Pon Selvan M, Sampath S S, Sawan Shetty, and Sarath Raj N S, (2016), ‘Maximum Depth of Cut for Borosilicate Glass using Abrasive Waterjet Technique,’ European Journal of Advances in Engineering and Technology, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp. 1-5, ISSN 2394 - 658X, Available at: https://goo.gl/VSZRdk
- Sarath Raj N. S, Geetanjali R Chandra, (2016), ‘Aviation Safety: Perspective of United Arab Emirates,’ International Journal of General Engineering and Technology, Volume 5, Issue 5, 1-5, ISSN(P): 2278-9928; ISSN(E): 2278-9936, Impact Factor: 3.7056, Available at: https://goo.gl/Jtc4ab
A research grant of 793,370.00 AED is issued for the analysis of AmiSat,4U Cube Satellite of Amity University Dubai from the UAE Space Agency covering the following:
- Space Mission Analysis and Design
- Orbital Maneuvering
- Payload/Science Data Analysis
- Communication Analysis
- Engineering & Subsystems Trade off & Optimization.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- International Association of Engineers
- Flight Dynamics
- Propulsion Systems
- Aircraft Systems & Instrumentation